I used this wonderfully soft and fluffy bread recipe from Vinnie Baking Paradise for my Mexican Buns or better known as Roti Boy.
Overnight Sponge Dough: Mix well into a dough and leave overnight in the fridge.
215g bread flour
130g fresh milk
2g dried yeast
90g bread flour
12g fresh milk
7g dried yeast
12g milk powder
45g butter (I substitute with cooking oil)
- Knead all the ingredients including the overnight sponge dough (except the oil) into a smooth dough. Then add in the oil. Knead until the dough becomes smooth and elastic. Proof the dough until it doubled in size.
- Knock out the air in the dough and divide into 10 equal portions. Shape them into round balls. Cover and rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll out each dough and add the butter filling. Seal tightly to prevent filling from leaking out during baking.
- Place the dough into individual paper casing and cover. Proof until doubled in size.
- Pipe the filling onto the dough before baking in a preheated oven of 185 deg C for about 20 minutes.
100g butter, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla paste
30g caster sugar
- Beat everything together and chill in the fridge. Divide into 10 equal portions.
50g butter, softened
40g icing sugar
1/2 an egg
1 tsp coffee granules mixed with 1 tsp hot water
50g plain flour
- Beat butter and icing sugar until combine. Gradually add in beaten egg and coffee.
- Fold in flour.
- Fill a piping bag with the mixture and set aside.